This category for AMPL Community Edition users to discuss and show what they have been doing with it.
Free, full-powered AMPL for commercial, academic and personal use.
- License never expires
- Unlimited variables & constraints
Solvers permanently available:
- Open-source solvers: HiGHS, CBC, Couenne, Ipopt, Bonmin.
- NEOS solvers (including commercial solvers), directly in AMPL through the kestrel interface.
Commercial solver trials readily available (30 days each):
- Linear: Gurobi, CPLEX, Xpress, COPT
- Nonlinear: Artleys Knitro, CONOPT, LOQO, MINOS, SNOPT
- Global: BARON, LGO, LINDO Global, OCTERACT
What else is included?
- AMPL Model Colaboratory new! powered by our Python API!
- Enhanced solver interfaces (e.g., Gurobi, COPT, HiGHS) new!
- Data Connectors (e.g., .xlsx, .csv, ODBC) and Function Libraries (e.g., GSL)
- It works with Docker Containers and Cloud Functions (e.g., AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, etc.) new!
- Since it is a cloud license it can be used on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platforms.