Commercial license

Hello, I want to implement the ampl license for optimization models in a company, but it makes me hesitant, since I want to work with a cplex or gurobi solver and I don’t know if I should get the license of these optimizers as well.

Hello Gian Lucas,

Thank you for considering AMPL for your optimization needs. With AMPL, you have the flexibility to choose from a wide range of solvers. Your commercial AMPL license includes access to all our open-source solvers, enhancing your modeling capabilities.

For commercial solvers, a separate license is necessary, which can be conveniently obtained through us. When you’re ready to place your purchase order, simply specify the solver you’ve chosen. The AMPL license file we provide will then not only enable AMPL and our open-source solvers but also activate your selected commercial solver.

Typically, there’s no need to acquire licenses for both CPLEX and Gurobi. Selecting one is often sufficient, depending on your problem’s specific requirements. To better assist you, could you share more details about the problem you’re aiming to solve? This will help us guide you towards the most suitable solver option.

Additionally, I encourage you to reply to the email with further information that my colleague Marcos has already sent you. We’re here to support you every step of the way.